Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

McCarthy & Stone.

What do you think of recent and planned developments in and around Ampthill?

McCarthy & Stone.

Postby SCRABBLER » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:13 am

I see from some of the Financial Papers that McCarthy & Stone have just got rid of around 1500 of their staff. It makes one wonder when
they are going to make start on the Woburn Street site? I also noticed that people who have bought their flats are not recouping their money
when they to leave. It seems that the flats tend to drop in value. That does seem rather strange, are they selling them at inflated prices in the
first place?
SCRABBLER

Re: McCarthy & Stone.

Postby sizzla » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:31 pm

They made a profit of £65m to £73m over the past year. Shocking they are making anyone redundant.
sizzla

Postby mickmc » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:16 am

We looked into this with my late father in law. How it was explained to us is that you buy your flat for a the current market value say £200000 but when you either sell it or leave it to your loved ones then they buy the flat back at the price you paid even though it could be worth a lot more. They then sell it to the next person at the current market value and so on , that's how they make their money.
mickmc

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:39 pm

wow I never knew that, you would think they would make loads.

that would def pt me off buying them. I wonder if all those type of places work like that?

There is that huge place at the wixhams, 230 places I think.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Return to Ampthill Development