Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Charity shops

Talk about local shops and amenities here. Also if you run a local business - tell us about it.

Charity shops

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:50 pm

It seems that we must have all been busy clearing out as the shops in town were over run with donations, and were turning them out as quick as possible. I often pop in and find something that I wanted!
CraftsbyCarolyn

Re: Charity shops

Postby SCRABBLER » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:27 pm

It would seem that I am not the only one who decided that they should have a clear-out. In my case, it is china, cooking dishes and saucepans.
My friends tell me that I could cater for a small army, so I have decided that perhaps a small army of charity shoppers could make some money
for the various charities with my cups, saucers etc. I have a pressure cooker, in good order, which I am not sure anyone uses these days? Certainly
you do not seem to see them used on the cookery progs so beloved of the cooks in our midst. Not sure what I should do with it. However, I must say
I do feel as if I have come up for air after getting rid!! Very theraputic.
SCRABBLER

Postby sizzla » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Everyone is clearing out ahead of the mass exodus.
sizzla

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:44 am

I am sure a charity shop would take it off your hands.

or try freecycle, i am always putting stuff on there, better than going to lad fill.

I remember being quite scared of them when they first came out, whistling away on the hob.

interestingly i went to olney on Thursday and the Mercy in Action was asking for donations. I heard them saying that they had 138 bags in Barnardos a few weeks back. back to school rush, everyone having a mass sort out over the bank holiday.

I too need to get clearing it is on my list.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Return to Shopping, Businesses & Amenities