Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

A(mpthill) List celebrities

The area of the forum where you can challenge other members with any quizzes or competitions.

A(mpthill) List celebrities

Postby Der Kaiser » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:03 pm

How many celebrities do you know? I know:

* A bloke who has been on Wogan's Total Recall TV quiz show
    * A woman who was interviewed on local TV about Centre Parcs
    * Someone who appeared on Radio 4's You and Yours programme
    * Fortytwa
Der Kaiser

Re: A(mpthill) List celebrities

Postby Fortytwa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:08 pm

I know a bloke who appeared in the 1985 Edinburgh Military tattoo.

Quite a modest, some may say good looking bloke
Fortytwa

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 pm

I have been on 'working lunch' and also interviewed on BBC whilst shopping in MK (it showed on news24 for the next day! Will try and think if I know anyone....famous!
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby Memory Lane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:24 am

I knew Charlie Garth when he was younger.

Memory Lane

Postby 2020 Phoenix » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:41 pm

I know someone who has been on Wogan's Total Recall too.
I have been on the telly being interviewed before a match - it was either Look East or About Anglia when they were interested in Luton before non-league oblivion.
I also know someone who could possibly appear on Who's been Framed following their high jump exploits on Mundesley beach recently! (lol, cringe)
2020 Phoenix

Postby maccum » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Interesting topic, I'm not famous myself of course but was captured on tv when there was a strike at my school and we missed six weeks of teaching. Those were the days. From the same illustrious school I knew the the actress Melanie Hill from Bread, Candy Cabs etc who was on TV last night in the Body Farm and married Sean Bean !!!!! And Gary Porter who played for Watford and England under 21s. Same school also spawned the current assistant chief constable of Manchester Police and it was very strange seeing him on tv every night during the recent riots. I remember him very differently.

I do know a few people who were on the first episode of eggheads and they are alive and kicking in Ampthill and surrounds.
maccum

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:12 pm

I worked with someone whose nephew got a bit part in a film with Sean Bean....a little tenuous I know!
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby maccum » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:02 am

LOL tenuous is good!

My friend in Ampthill once kissed the guy who played the green cross code man and who went on to be the body or voice for Darth Vader - think he is dead now.
Another friend and ex next door neighbour played a Cyberman in Doctor Who
A friend's sister was good mates with Cheryl Cole's older sister and remembers Cheryl as a cute little kid
And according to my parents, another neighbour's daughter married Alan Price way back in the mists of time
A work colleague use to teach with Sting before he was famous

As you can see there is a bit of a north eastern theme in my posts but I have nothing on James Bolam!
maccum

Postby sarek7 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:00 pm

maccum wrote:LOL tenuous is good!

My friend in Ampthill once kissed the guy who played the green cross code man and who went on to be the body or voice for Darth Vader - think he is dead now.

Dave Prowse - Still very much alive and appearing in Waterstones until the end of the year. http://www.darthvader-starwars.com/index.htm
He was the body of darth vader (James Earl Jones was the voice). The start of filming for the first Star Wars film - Star Wars, Episode 4 A New Hope - was delayed due to Dave's commitment with the filming of the Green Cross Code advert.

I would like to point out at this stage that I too know someone who has been on Wogans Perfect Recall - Total Recal was a film with Arnold Schwarzenegger. If memory serves he is a dashingly handsome young man with loads of charisma - and I still haven't washed my right hand where Terry (first name terms don't ya know) shook it. :D

Don't get me started on Dr Who, we'll be here all day!!
sarek7

Postby maccum » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:09 pm

sarek7 wrote:Dave Prowse - Still very much alive and appearing in Waterstones until the end of the year.

Sorry about that Dave, thought you were dead but my friend said you were a good kisser anyway. :roll:
maccum

Postby Der Kaiser » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:08 pm

2020 Phoenix wrote:I know someone who has been on Wogan's Total Recall too.
I have been on the telly being interviewed before a match - it was either Look East or About Anglia when they were interested in Luton before non-league oblivion.
I also know someone who could possibly appear on Who's been Framed following their high jump exploits on Mundesley beach recently! (lol, cringe)

Ironically enough my appearance fee is £250!
Der Kaiser

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:34 pm

maccum wrote:LOL tenuous is good!

Another friend and ex next door neighbour played a Cyberman in Doctor Who
A friend's sister was good mates with Cheryl Cole's older sister and remembers Cheryl as a cute little kid
And according to my parents, another neighbour's daughter married Alan Price way back in the mists of time
A work colleague use to teach with Sting before he was famous

As you can see there is a bit of a north eastern theme in my posts but I have nothing on James Bolam!

ooh some great tenuous links there.... :ba
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby Paradise_Alley » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:30 pm

I got collared by Anglia TV journalist Linda O'Brien (long-haired ginger bird, not seen on screen by me for some time) whilst renewing my season ticket at Luton following John Gurney's ousting. Interview ensued and I got a little time on screen that evening.
I have given directions to Christopher Biggins (who was lost and looking for Milton Keynes in the pre SatNav days) and told Edwina Currie some jokes when she was campaigning to be a Euro MP for the area. I found her rather humourless.
Recently, I allowed Robert Daws and entourage to cross the road without running them over.
I don't really do celebrity.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby masquerade » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Recently, I allowed Robert Daws and entourage to cross the road without running them over.

:lol:

I think I may have almost run into one of the Robbins clan in Waitrose the other day!
masquerade

Postby nannie mary » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Anthony Wager, who played "Young Pip" in the film of Great Expectations, used to live up Park Hill.

He used to entertain our children with conjuring tricks.
nannie mary

Next

Return to Just for Fun