Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Staples Millbrook Customers Beware

Houghton Conquest, Marston, Millbrook, Stewartby and Wixams development

Staples Millbrook Customers Beware

Postby ajfow » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Staples Garden Centre Millbrook ((
I am horrified that after spending £46 on a pack of 480 led lights bought just 14 days ago they failed after 5 minutes. Returning them today the very officious manager refused to replace them as I could only produce the credit card receipt and not the till receipt. I wanted them replaced not refunded but I was very rudely told it was not company policy to do this without the receipt thrusting a hand written sign in my face. My statutory rights under the sale of goods act require I am offered a replacement as the goods were faulty. It is also against the law to display misleading notices that attempt to compromise my rights. I am prepared to pursue my legal rights
ajfow

Re: Staples Millbrook Customers Beware

Postby Sagitar » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:02 pm

I had a similar conversation with someone from Staples a long time ago, in which I pointed out that they could not invent rules that over-rode the law of the land.

Please let us know how the matter is resolved.
Sagitar

Postby Deniselydon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Go to JVS on three counties radio he will soon sort them out ....I have in the past taken a few things back over the 40 years living here & always had a replacement & they are always kind & very helpful to me & my late Father
Deniselydon

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:25 pm

That is not good enough, you would think the credit card receipt would be enough for such a large item.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby sizzla » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:32 pm

I'm a bit concerned for Staples. Every time I go there they seem to have less stock.
sizzla

Return to North of Ampthill