Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Maulden Post office to close

What's happening in Maulden, Clophill and areas to the east of Ampthill

Maulden Post office to close

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:19 pm

I have heard that Shirley is retiring and the PO is to close.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Re: Maulden Post office to close

Postby Deniselydon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Its so sad I knew a few weeks ago .. But where to go now? Being disabled there is not much choice re parking & walking I guess it will have to be Westoning as there is a car park next door Its a pity the Co-op did not want to take it on in Maulden ..
Deniselydon

Postby Sveti » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Oh, that is bad news! (( Shirley is always so helpful, always a pleasure to visit, no problem with parking either.
Sveti

Postby missiscakes » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:59 pm

It's a real shame the post office is going. It'll be interesting to see if there will be another shop in it's place, does anybody know?
missiscakes

Postby oceanbreeze » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:04 pm

Although it does not help thse who do not have a car, I find that the Station Road sorting Office is very convenient, free parking and very polite post people in there. Saves the problems of long queues in Ampthill Post Office.
oceanbreeze

Postby SCRABBLER » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:38 am

Well, I never knew you could do normal Post Office business at Station Road!! The last time I visited Station Rd was to reclaim a holiday postcard sent to me by my son from Dorset. He had put on a first class stamp, but I was charged £1.19 because they said the postcard was too wide. It measured 11" x 4"!! . So I paid the extra charge to find out that the Sun was shining down in Swanage!!! Anyway - that apart - I too am sorry to hear that Maulden P.O is shutting, it has been a "godsend" over the years and I personally shall miss the friendly welcome always awaiting whenever you went in there - it always had that "personal touch" about it.Somehow missing into day's hustle and bustle. :AA
SCRABBLER

Postby Deniselydon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:42 pm

Me to.. Every time I go there I have a warm welcome a nice chat They always have time for you no matter what.. Ohhhhh I will indeed miss it all ...
Deniselydon

Return to Maulden & Clophill