Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Flying Horse Clophill

What's happening in Maulden, Clophill and areas to the east of Ampthill

flying horse

Postby bobbin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:15 pm

went for lunch wednesday..........food was lovely, service was a bit ropey, but suppose they are still on a learning curve.......unfortunately waitress dropped entire tray of drinks in my lap!! went to pick kids up smelling like a beer towel! thought the decor was quite nice.food a bit pricey, not where i would stop on the way back from town shopping for dinner, more a special treat.
still i think i will go back again.
bobbin

Postby old lutonian » Fri May 01, 2009 8:10 am

My brother went for lunch at 2.30pm and was told he could only have snacks at this time. Ordered his snack meal and then guests arrived at table next to him ordered main menu and was no problem :shock:

I think they have a few issues to sort out yet!!
old lutonian

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Fri May 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Anyone know if they have a web site with the menu? Couldn't find one the other day - or is it really exactly the same as the Wavendon Arms that it is safe to refer to that?
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby old lutonian » Fri May 01, 2009 8:08 pm

The menu is identical, Carolyn.
old lutonian

Postby sizzla » Fri May 01, 2009 10:22 pm

So is it run by the same guys are the Wavendon Arms? Obviously creating a bit of an empire as they also own that grey place in Woburn Sands (name escapes me).

Sadly I've got to say I wasn't particularly impressed on my last couple of trips to the Wavendon Arms. Slow service and rather overcooked food. Maybe the best chefs have been transferred to Clophill!?
sizzla

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Fri May 01, 2009 11:26 pm

old lutonian wrote:The menu is identical, Carolyn.
thanks - I will have a study and see if it will be good for lunch!
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby froggy » Sat May 02, 2009 9:18 am

CraftsbyCarolyn wrote:Anyone know if they have a web site with the menu? Couldn't find one the other day - or is it really exactly the same as the Wavendon Arms that it is safe to refer to that?

http://www.theflyinghorse.co.uk/
Trying is the first step towards failure!
froggy

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sat May 02, 2009 10:43 am

doh didn't try it with a the - tq
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby Isotope » Sun May 10, 2009 3:53 pm

just back from lunch at the flying horse, thought it might be a nice place to take the army of in-laws who descended today. Food was nice, they didn't bat an eyelid at my 1 yr old and provided her with a nice booster seat and the service was friendly and prompt.

Only thing that was a bit strange was they asked if we'd booked and when we said we hadn't we were told there would be a 30-45 minute wait for a table. So we mentioned the empty tables we'd seen outside and were then told "Oh you can sit at those... yes, you can have food out there!" Odd :?
Isotope

Re: Flying Horse Clophill

Postby log seller » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 am

The flying horse, well what a complete and utter waste of time that was! Shown to our table at 6.35, we were still sitting there at 7.10 waiting to be served at least with drinks. I went to the bar to get our own drinks, but after 10 mins still no barman/women. There seemed to be quite a few staff and only 5 tables taken. After another 5 mins of listening to the waitresses?? giggling and comparing messages on their phones we walked out and went to the green man opposite. What a difference!! good service,good food & drink and a lot cheaper than the flying horse.
log seller

Postby sarek7 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:38 am

I'm with log seller on this. Over familiar staff and no thought given to the menu, although when we did get the food it perfectly fine.
Flying Horse won't be seeing me again in a hurry. Should have stayed as a Beefeater.
sarek7

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:20 pm

I have only been once a long time ago and it wasn't somewhere that I would revisit, from what I remember it was dead quiet (lunchtime) and the service was very poor, food was just OK. But must have been summer 2009.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Previous

Return to Maulden & Clophill