What's happening in Maulden, Clophill and areas to the east of Ampthill

Hill Top Swimming and Health Club, Clophill

Postby masquerade » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Came across this today:

http://www.clubswim.com/swimming-pools- ... oolid=4732

Anyone used it for swimming lessons?
masquerade

Postby Paradise_Alley » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:15 am

Yes - though this was nearly 30 years ago.
And it didn't work. ATAF.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:36 pm

I didn't use them personally but I have friends that did. Went there for a kids swimming pool party once
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby louise » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:19 pm

6 years ago the quality of teaching was very variable depending upon which teacher you had
    the pool was very warm and therefore great for small children
    the changeing rooms were dire and very cold and awful for small children
    you were faced with the italian mafia on payment day and woe betide you if you were an hour late apying next terms fees - your place was given away
louise

Postby Sveti » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:42 pm

I went in the early 80s to try and learn to swim, and failed miserably.

All I can remember is a lot of shouting and being cold. Wanted to get out of the water desperately most of the time. NOT a happy experience...........!!
Sveti

Postby sarek7 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:11 pm

Sveti wrote:I went in the early 80s to try and learn to swim, and failed miserably.

All I can remember is a lot of shouting and being cold. Wanted to get out of the water desperately most of the time. NOT a happy experience...........!!

Is that in general or just this swimming pool.

I love swimming. My son will swim in the antarctic if you let him.
sarek7

Postby Sveti » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:10 pm

sarek7 wrote:
Sveti wrote:I went in the early 80s to try and learn to swim, and failed miserably.

Is that in general or just this swimming pool.

I love swimming. My son will swim in the antarctic if you let him.

Had swimming lessons quite a few times in different pools, and although never actually learnt to swim (despite having Gold Medal swimmer Judy Grinham has my teacher!!) quite enjoyed it.

However, it was a long time ago at Hilltop, so might be better now.

Still wish I could swim - although not in the Antarctic........... :lol:
Sveti

Re: Hill Top Swimming and Health Club, Clophill

Postby codman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:41 pm

AVOID, AVOID!!!!!,
Been using the facilities at hilltop for over three years now for childs swimming lessons. Apart from one young teacher tuition, is the equivelent of DIRE, changing facilities and the pool are disgusting and dirty and rarely cleaned. During the lessons the pool is overcrowded with 13 children in each lesson with one teacher,bearing in mind the pool is only 50 feet by 30 feet in size and finally the attitude of the proprietors and management stink as they are in the buisness for one thing, to ROB you of your money. Once again AVOID and use Flitwick, Kempston , Bedford School Pools where you will get proper tuition at a reasonable price.
codman

Postby Sveti » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Doesn't sound as if it's changed much!! Even now I shudder at the memories of being there over 30 years ago..............

I still can't swim................
Sveti

Postby elvk2002 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 am

I was taught to swim there 25 years ago by a brilliant teacher and she is still there and now teaches my children! I made the mistake of taking my children to learn to swim in a Bedord council run pool as I live in Bedford and was appalled by the standard of council run pools which are freezing, indifferent to your individual childs needs and run by newly qualified instructors who lack experience (one of my boys nearly drowned on one occassion ). I now swim at Hilltop and they are a small family run business and have got both my boys swimming and rebuilt their confidence. Swimming instructor that I have is experienced, and has accommodated my boys who were nervous swimmers. Have recommended this place to all that I know. Lovely friendly staff. No probelms with payment as I always pay.....(not sure what other users below are expecting...free swimming lesson?!!)
elvk2002

Return to Maulden & Clophill