Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Waitrose profits not good

Chat about anything you like - what's in the News or just general gossip.

Waitrose profits not good

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 am

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/li ... -full-list

Company not looking good.

I personally think they lost their USP years ago I remember going to the one Hertford at lunchtime in the 80s and buying something different for dinner. They just seem overpriced offering same products as all other supermarkets. In fact some are worse quality.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Re: Waitrose profits not good

Postby sizzla » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 pm

I think the Ampthill branch is a particularly bad example. Staff are nice, but stock is poor, and it's a bit scruffy especially with all that junk around the entrance.

I wonder how the town would cope if it closed?
sizzla

Postby SCRABBLER » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:55 am

It won't be closed Sizzla - and I agree with you I do think it is very messy at the entrance, and they do like to put on a few pence here and there on things
that can be bought elsewhere cheaper. BUT, they do stock a lot of up-to-the-minute items beloved of the TV Cooks. This draws in customers who
might otherwise go Tesco's or where ever.. I think it used to be called "the Delia Smith" syndrome. They seem to be doing very nicely here in Ampthill if the car
parking outside the Store is anything to go by. The Bedford store however is a no no. Too close to Tesco's, and I feel, internally, not well designed for the
shopper. To many nooks and crannys, makes shopping time-consuming just trying find what you want.
SCRABBLER

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:33 pm

I see the one in Camden they are selling to Aldi, so I assume then anything can happen.

sizzla wrote:I think the Ampthill branch is a particularly bad example. Staff are nice, but stock is poor, and it's a bit scruffy especially with all that junk around the entrance.

I wonder how the town would cope if it closed?

Yes they do have a problem, are the others any better? I don't think I have been in another branch for years to know any different, the car park chaos alone is enough to put you off going. How skilled architects/designers got it so wrong I don't know.

If it was sold to another supermarket and they improved the store and the car park - just moving the entrance to the other end could make the difference. Maybe Ampthill would be fine or who knows better? I guess if it went completely there would be a problem.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby sizzla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:35 pm

You should pay a visit to the new Waitrose in MK. It's much better.
sizzla

Postby CardMan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:45 pm

Waitrose staff nice?
:lol: :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/kwalitykards
See us at Ampthill Market.
CardMan

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:41 pm

I have not visited the mk or the Bedford one. Did used to frequent the old one when it was in the centre. The staff did seem to know where stock etc was there unlike Ampthill, but was very tired at the end.

Have to say I am impressed with the new aldi and Lidl stores.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Return to Your choice