Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreAmpthill Brewhouse

Boots opticians

Chat about anything you like - what's in the News or just general gossip.

Boots opticians

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Decided to give them a try for the biennial check up...really wish I had paid attention to the ads and should have gone to Spec Savers...!
CraftsbyCarolyn

Re: Boots opticians

Postby SCRABBLER » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Go locally. I have had good service from Alders, although they are a bit more expensive.
A friend of mine just recently went to Spec.Savers. She wears varifocals. After the due tests etc., a prescription was made out for new ones
but she had to wait two weeks for them. On picking them up from the shop she knew they were not right and said so, but was told that as the
prescription for them was stronger in some respects she would probably have to get used to them. She took them away but after a couple of days
just had to return them because they were giving her headaches. When they were examined by the Optitian he said immediately they were not right
and they would have to be replaced and that would mean another two weeks waiting. My friend decided that she would have her money back and go
elsewhere. So not a good experience at Spec.Savers.
SCRABBLER

Re: Boots opticians

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:59 pm

...similar story for me, I have had to have a re-test as prescription not even right :( so many things have gone wrong, other half gave up and bought from Spex for less and is really p[leased with results
CraftsbyCarolyn

Return to Your choice