Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Nadine

Latest news and views from and about our local politicians
or make a post about something you want to raise about the local Councils

Nadine

Postby sizzla » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:00 pm

Am I alone in feeling embarrassed and ashamed to have Nadine Dorries as my MP? She has outdone herself over the past few weeks, admitting sharing her House of Commons password, banging on about blue passports, and waffling about pantomimes being dumbed down, among other things. A quick scan of her Twitter feed shows her to be an unwavering apologist for Donald Trump and Boris Johnson, and a ferocious critic of anyone who questions the wisdom of Brexit (which surely includes a large proportion of the people she's supposed to represent).

I really hope the majority of my fellow Ampthill residents do not share Nadine's extreme, and quite often, incoherent views. But presumably, barring boundary changes or retirement, she'll remain our MP for decades to come. What a very depressing thought.
sizzla

Re: Nadine

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:25 am

I will be honest I rarely see what she is up to.
and a ferocious critic of anyone who questions the wisdom of Brexit (which surely includes a large proportion of the people she's supposed to represent).

that is odd - you would think she would try and be a bit more in touch, for the life of me I can't think why we ended up with her.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby sizzla » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 pm

May's "big" reshuffle is coming to an end and it looks like poor old Nadine has been passed over for a government position YET AGAIN!
sizzla

Postby SCRABBLER » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 am

Well I suppose you have to consider that some MPs do not want to climb the greasey pole.
Whether she does or not is not now an option for her. Her TV debacle put paid to that. It's my experience that people have very long memories
in Politics and she was very unwise to go down that path if she wanted promotion. Whether she gets re-elected, is a matter for the voters.
Back in the late 40's, the Constituency as it was then, voted Liberal. It has not always been Conservative.
SCRABBLER

Postby mickmc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 am

You have to admit that she has an absolutely great job - she will never get into the cabinet where she would actually have some responsibility and be called upon to answer for her decisions and is in such a safe seat that she will have a job for life on a good wage and all the privileges' that brings with it.
Would I ever vote for her - no !
mickmc

Postby sizzla » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Well, remarkably, 38,936 did vote for her last time around and will probably do so again next time.
sizzla

Postby sizzla » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:52 am

Someone's found yet more proof that Nadine doesn't know she's talking about. She's all worked up about leaving something that she doesn't understand.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexspence/her ... -confusion
sizzla

Postby SCRABBLER » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 am

Not impressed by her performance on the Preston show yesterday. But hey! he's an idiot too!!! Thought the Lady from the Lords did rather well
in answering all his rather shallow questions. Not sure how that man keeps his job.
SCRABBLER

Return to Local Politics