Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Car park now open

What do you think of recent and planned developments in and around Ampthill?

Car park now open

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:25 pm

I see the new car park is now open at 2.50 a day. Not sure if this is a permanent price, or whether eventually will have an hourly rate.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Re: Car park now open

Postby SCRABBLER » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:41 am

Do you really think people are going to pay 2.50? It's not as if they can catch a train or bus from there.
Church Avenue is always full of Parkerrs - come 6 p.m. nobody at all is parked there unless there is a Church function.
And now they are beginning to park all the way down Lea Road to Verne Drive as they have found they can get up to the Town
easily by using the King's Arms Path.
£2.50? - don't think so!!
SCRABBLER

Postby oceanbreeze » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:04 am

My worry is the footpath/pavement between Brandreth House and Stewards House is very narrow and dangerous, even despite the 20 mph limit.It does rather put people off.
oceanbreeze

Postby Costalot » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:38 am

God everyone grumbles that there isn't enough parking and now you're grumbling at the price. Ampthill is unusual at not charging (i.e. Flitwick). You just can't please some people. No doubt this will be the next piece that Charlie Garth/Mal Tattersall gets into our local rags. No doubt entitled 'Ampthill Residents up in Arms over exorbitant parking charges in new car park'.

:roll: :?
Costalot

Postby Pintsizedblonde » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:52 am

It's not as if they can catch a train or bus from there.

It's a 5 minute walk - tops!

Seriously, people in larger towns would kill to have such cheap parking so close to the shops.
Pintsizedblonde

Postby Chorradas » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:20 pm

No doubt this will be the next piece that Charlie Garth/Mal Tattersall gets into our local rags. No doubt entitled 'Ampthill Residents up in Arms over exorbitant parking charges in new car park':?

Too late, I fear, costalot. Read yesterday's Times & Citizen! Was this Sizzla's doing again?
Chorradas

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Just for comparison - I pay £2 to park all day in Milton Keynes on a permit ie someone that works in the town, or shoppers pay 50p an hour in the purple bays.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby sizzla » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Chorradas wrote: Too late, I fear, costalot. Read yesterday's Times & Citizen! Was this Sizzla's doing again?

Why would I care about the cost of parking in Ampthill Town centre? I live in the centre and have a parking space of my own.
sizzla

Postby SCRABBLER » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:44 am

sizzla wrote:Why would I care about the cost of parking in Ampthill Town centre? I live in the centre and have a parking space of my own.

OOoooooo. ..... Listen to him !! ug ug
SCRABBLER

Postby Costalot » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Too late, I fear, costalot. Read yesterday's Times & Citizen!

Just seen it. Mal Tattersall quoting his alter ego Charlie Garth again. Does he ever pen an original story, as he only ever seems to get his stories from here or the Ampthill Facebook page?

:dz
Costalot

Postby masquerade » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:36 pm

I saw the sign on the entrance to the car park but are there are any signs in the town to direct people to it? Not many visitors would think to head out to look for one.

Will the car park offer discounts for church goers -- especially for christenings, weddings and funerals which would relieve the on-street parking in Church Ave, Brinsmade and Lea Road and also the town car park.
masquerade

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:46 am

Aren't they going to introduce residents parking, or was that just a suggestion I can't remember?

Discount scheme sounds complicated - someone would have to control/administer that.

Not sure who then has to 'police' it all.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby masquerade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:31 pm

I wrote to Central Beds council about parking issues and got a letter back saying they are doing a "strategic review" of parking in the whole of the Council's area-- can't see this being a quick job!
masquerade

Postby SCRABBLER » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:48 am

masquerade wrote:I wrote to Central Beds council about parking issues and got a letter back saying they are doing a "strategic review" of parking in the whole of the Council's area-- can't see this being a quick job!

In my experience that's a "fend off" excuse.
Anyway, if it really is the case, perhaps our Central Beds Councillors will inform us how it is going on, and how long before anything gets done!!
Next excuse for not carrying out said plan will be - lack of funds.
And so the world goes round
Ah - me! :roll: :roll:
SCRABBLER

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:10 pm

...so anyone seen any cars in there yet? I thought that some of the local shops and businesses would use it, but guess they need to be forced into it with resident parking schemes etc.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Next

Return to Ampthill Development