Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Warren Farm Development!

What do you think of recent and planned developments in and around Ampthill?

Warren Farm Development!

Postby Twinkle » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:13 pm

Just gone past the field next to Redborne School and it looks like they are starting to build the massive 410 homes. Big sign up stating new development coming soon!! Such a shame and not good for Ampthill at all!! Should not have been allowed!! Disgraceful the way they are taking every bit of land they can get there grubby little mits on and destroy our open countryside!!!!
Twinkle

Re: Warren Farm Development!

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Lost track of what they are actually going to do there, there was an action group and a lot of posts on here years ago, anyone know if the development has changed?

Is it still the same size site?
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby Twinkle » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 pm

Not sure if development has changed but they are certainly building behind Lammas Way/Fallowfield by the waste ground next to Redborne School! The Abbey Lane part not sure on that as the farmer has been working the field and from what i hear there are alot of streams running around that area and there seems to be a problem with the water!!
Twinkle

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:32 pm

I have only walked that way a couple of times and there is definitely streams there. Will have to search put the plans and see what is going on.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby Sspark » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Building due to start At Warren Farm. Yes it finally looks like it's happenning. More open fields and countryside being built over with houses. 410 homes at Abbey Lane, Ampthill means approximatly 1200 more people and 700 more cars joining the Ampthill throng! Can Redborne school handle another 800 pupils? I guess people need to be housed somewhere, but it's very sad for Ampthill residents.
Sspark

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:46 pm

glad I am not part of the school 'run' community, although I guess it will become more difficult to see a doctor etc. Not sure how they will cope.

Like you say they do have to build somewhere, I guess every estate in Ampthill was met with the same feeling going back to the 60s
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:57 pm

there is a website set up by the developers:

http://www.warrenfarmampthill.com/
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby pantomime cow » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:26 am

So 410 houses means increasing the town's population by maybe another 1,000-1,200 people. And more than a third of those 410 houses will be affordable housing. If the rumours are correct, that could mean around 300 people being moved in here from Marsh Farm in Luton as part of a deliberate attempt to make Ampthill a more "diverse, multi-cultured place" which mirrors the rest of the country, instead of being a such a white, middle class, slightly snooty enclave. Hurrah, an excellent idea too, as I am sure everybody will agree. But as well as increasing pressure on the already strained infrastructure with another 1,000 kids at the local schools and another 700 cars trying to get into Waitrose on a Saturday morning, it will rather change the town's demographics.
pantomime cow

Postby sizzla » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:54 pm

pantomime cow wrote:So 410 houses means increasing the town's population by maybe another 1,000-1,200 people. And more than a third of those 410 houses will be affordable housing. If the rumours are correct, that could mean around 300 people being moved in here from Marsh Farm in Luton as part of a deliberate attempt to make Ampthill a more "diverse, multi-cultured place" which mirrors the rest of the country, instead of being a such a white, middle class, slightly snooty enclave. Hurrah, an excellent idea too, as I am sure everybody will agree. But as well as increasing pressure on the already strained infrastructure with another 1,000 kids at the local schools and another 700 cars trying to get into Waitrose on a Saturday morning, it will rather change the town's demographics.

BoS needs content. Anyone willing to take the bait?
sizzla

Postby mickmc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:57 am

I guess anyone with half a brain can smell out a BOS journalist trying to entice the simple minded into some sort of rant to report on!
mickmc

Return to Ampthill Development