Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Planning applications

What do you think of recent and planned developments in and around Ampthill?

Planning applications

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:46 pm

I can never remember how to find this on the web site, so thought I would put a link up - if it works!

List of the latest committee agendas for planning items on the Midbeds site:
planning

Search plans using this link:

plans
Last edited by CraftsbyCarolyn on Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby Rhenish Fan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:57 am

Thanks Carolyn, this is a useful link.
Rhenish Fan

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:04 pm

just found this due to doing something at work - http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/

you can submit plans on-line and it also explains whether you need planning permission etc worth a look
CraftsbyCarolyn

Re: Planning applications

Postby frandel » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Great work Carolyn - well done.
frandel

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:20 pm

wow this is an old post :) - the link has changed for planning apps at CB :oops:
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby kingrapman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:22 am

I have to say like everywhere around the country, the face of small little towns like Ampthill will change due to massive developments, and with this the type of people arrive who unfortunately takes any community spirit with it which may already be gasping for breath like a fish thrown out onto the banks of a river.Ask any old Amptonion for confirmation.It is my opinion which is up for debate of course, but certain changes to our housing structure ie the huge incomes to be made from private rent and the lack of council housing contribute firstly to a new type of person living in Ampthill, I mean why rent in Bedford when you can rent in Ampthill. If there were council houses available in Bedford I'm sure these would be taken up by people rather than private rent in Ampthill. Also with immigration, a boring tired subject I know, sorry, and the constant need to make money money money I'm afraid slowly but surely one by one that old little village town will be swallowed up and become a memory like all the other English heritage we had to be proud of we only have ourselves to blame for selling ourselves down the river.
Last edited by kingrapman on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingrapman

Postby sizzla » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:30 am

Many interesting points there, but I must question the "huge incomes to be made from private rent". The yield on rental properties (i.e. ratio between rental income and cost) is not great these days, especially in Ampthill where house prices are high. Couple this with the extortionate costs of buying a property (including new +3% stamp duty), getting it let and managed (10-20% of income), tax, insurance and vacant periods and there is very little profit left even with today's low mortgage rates. From now on most landlords will have to rely on increasing house prices which looks risky at the moment.
sizzla

Return to Ampthill Development