Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER GROUP FOR PARENTS/CARERS?

Things to join and get involved in. Includes sports clubs and local charities

AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER GROUP FOR PARENTS/CARERS?

Postby tori1roo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Hi,
I am a parent of a child with autsim and over the last 8 months have been on many courses to help my son.
I have become touched by others storys of needing desperate help or support.There is a fab network of support groups for families,but none for just parents. Autism bedfordshire,loaf and families united are based either bedford or luton. I have been approached by parents on numerous occasions about the need for such a group to be set up!!
I have started to put my thoughts together and decided to set something up. My ideas are to set a group up local to this area,to collect info as what parents would like to discuss and stick to a subject to each meeting.This will enable others to get others ideas about helping their child. The last half to enjoy a cuppa and have a chat. Meeting others in the area is really important .
Your feedback would be great.
x
tori1roo

Postby masquerade » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Great initiative. Are you planning to promote it through local schools?
masquerade

Postby tori1roo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:38 pm

I'm hoping to eventually tackle that...lol
I am awaiting some more feedback from facebook/netmums and also mkasap...but i already have about 10 people!
I am hoping that the group will be set up after xmas as i now have a venue....but just waiting for final meeting to happen.
I am very excited about raising awareness in general within the community...and schools would be a great place maybe in national autism week!!
thanks
tori1roo

Return to Clubs and Societies