Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Picture Gallery

Advice on using this forum and the site.
A welcome to the members.

Picture Gallery

Postby ampthilladmin » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:23 pm

New feature - Image Gallery. There is a new feature on this site - an image gallery. You can use it to host your own photos or images online. I have set up some obvious categories, Ampthill Past, Present, Sport and the Development. there's also an area which residents can use to host their own pictures online if they want. If you email me or post on the forum I'll set you up your own area, so you can have "John Smith's (or whoever) Gallery" if that's what you want. If you think there are other categories we need, then email me or post it on the forum. When you submit a picture it won't appear on the site immediately until I have checked that it is legal, decent etc. You don't have to register to load pictures on the site.

Go to http://www.aroundampthill.org/zenith gallery to look at the gallery or go to http://www.aroundampthill.org/zenith/add.php to load a picture straightaway, when you have a picture(s) to load. The gallery enables you to pick up images directly from your PC - should be easy. If you have problems using it then email me, private message me or post it on the forum.
:D :D
ampthilladmin
Site Admin

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:01 pm

Please join the gallery before submitting pictures or comments and make sure you log in everytime you add something, it just makes it more interesting to know who added the pics.

File Size
Make sure your pic is below this size: 512Kb, 1500x1500px

I suggest a good size is around 600pxs or 700pxs wide.

File Name
Just note please do not use ' * / & in a file name, as it confuses the gallery! - try and stick to letters and numbers, underscores and dashes.

...You must choose a unique name of your photo, it will not like it if there has been one before - it doesn't matter where. You will get an error message at the top of your screen.

So in preparation for whenit may get busy I suggest you add the date in the file name eg carolyn_010506 then it will make it unique.

To Add Your Image
You need to click on the add button towards the top left hand side.

Then you will get a screen where you need to select your photo on your PC using the browse button.

The description will appear immediately below your picture and all the other bits will be in summary below. Check out some submitted photos first to see how they look.

The keywords will be used by the search, so add words of the things in the picture. Ampthill Park, butterfly etc etc, then if someone is searching they can pop that in the search and hey presto it will come back!

Lastly you will need to select a category, click on the arrow at the edge of the box and it will give you the options.

You will have a little message towards the top of your screen to say you have submitted your photo
None of the images (or comments) appear until they have been approved.

Hints and tips on using the gallery
Click on browse and you will see 3 options at the top:

Top rated
Most viewed
Last comments

You can click on any of them and they will give you that info - last comments is particularly useful

Click on search and just click on the search button, this will give you all the pictures with the most recently added ones first.

Did you know you can search by submitter, either via the search button or by clicking through the members.

So by registering you can submit all of your photos and send the link to your friends etc and say that they are all the pictures you have added!
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:02 pm

It would be lovely to see some more photos in and around Ampthill
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:46 pm

just thought I would bump this post to remind everyone that the gallery is there. I have just added photos of the tree festival today 8)
Last edited by CraftsbyCarolyn on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Christmas trees

Postby nannie mary » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Many thanks for the Christmas tree festival at the Church
nannie mary

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:28 pm

I didn't take a pic of all of them - but did a fair few.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:39 pm

To link any other image - you must get the properties of the image by right clicking the mouse whilst you are hovering over the image. Highlight - all the way to the end, it should end with a .jpg or .gif - and then click copy and then paste into the post on the forum. Highlight it and then click the img tag as shown below:

Always scroll on the properties box right to the end to get the link

and if you are using the gallery:

This is where the file path is - but you need to make it into a shortcut, so in IE it is right click and copy shortcut

CraftsbyCarolyn

Return to Using this forum