Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Imminent AroundAmpthill site changes

Advice on using this forum and the site.
A welcome to the members.

Imminent AroundAmpthill site changes

Postby MikeH » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Hello all,

This is to let you know that I intend to pass the ownership of the AroundAmpthill site back to Paul in a few days time.

Unfortunately I've been unable to put in the time and effort that the management and development of the site requires. Paul (the designer of the site and the original owner) has recently expressed an interest in taking the site on again, so that's what's going to happen.

The transfer of all the site data and the associated hosting packages will require the site to be offline for maybe a few days. I'd like to get this done as soon as possible, so the site will close on the evening of Thursday 15th April (this coming Thursday). Hopefully it will be back no later than Monday or Tuesday of the following week.

Mike
MikeH

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:49 pm

I would just like to say a big thank you to Mike for keeping it running, without him it would have closed.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby LasagneMan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks Mike for all you've done. I know how hard it is to deal with such a group of reprobates, especially me and am so grateful for taking it on and doing it so well.
Clive
LasagneMan

Postby oceanbreeze » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Yes, thanks Mike, you have done a brilliant job!
How will we survive without for a few days :roll:
oceanbreeze

Postby Sagitar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:04 am

A great effort Mike - thanks very much.
Sagitar

Postby FlatScissors » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:00 am

Thanks for all of your efforts Mike. I do appreciate how much effort and time it takes to run one of these things.
FlatScissors

Postby nannie mary » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:33 am

Many thanks Mike.

Wonder if you realise how much it means to the virtually housebound to keep in touch with all the happenings and of course the "discussions."

Mary
nannie mary

Postby MikeH » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Thank you all, but I feel the praise is undeserved :shock:

I took the site over two years ago because it was in immediate danger of disappearing altogether and, like many of you, I found it a very useful local resource, a constant source of laughs, and well worth saving. However, due to changing circumstances, I haven't been able to invest the time recently that the site deserves - in fact until a few days ago I hadn't even logged-in for several weeks.

Fortunately Paul is now able to look after it again so it seemed only right to pass it back to him.

Mike
MikeH

Postby old lutonian » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Thank you Mike for the past work, and thank you Paul for offering to take over! :)
old lutonian

Postby Der Kaiser » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Danke alles!
Der Kaiser

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:17 pm

Thanks Mike. I'll pop a message on the front page of http://www.ampthill.info to let residents know that the sight will be off line for a few days.
Websites: Ampthill - Past Present & Future - www.ampthill.info & the Ampthill & District Directory - www.ampthill.org.uk
Twitter - http://twitter.com/markasmith
Mark

Postby Paradise_Alley » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Thanks for the good WORKS.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby LasagneMan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 pm

It's back! Oh, thank goodness! It's been lonely without you lot to moan with.
:sh
LasagneMan

Postby ampthilladmin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi everyone

The website now seems to be working again after the transfer from Mike to me (Paul).

Firstly, I would like to give many thanks to Mike for stepping into the breach 2 years ago when it looked like the site might fold. I think you would all agree he did a great job in keeping the site in existence, when I had other priorities.

Well I now have a bit more time on my hands so hope to take the site forward over the next couple of years. My priority is to upgrade the forum to the latest version of the software as I think that might make it easier to use and manage. I'm also looking to change the look and feel of the forum and site as a whole to give it a new makeover.

I'll also be looking to introduce some new features and hopefully generate some more members, so if you have any great ideas on how to do this then all are welcome.

Anyway, that is the great scheme, let's hope it all works :x - in the meantime please keep using the site and I promise to give you notice of when the changes will take place.

There were a few changes that needed to be made as part of the handover - I can't promise I've done them all, so if you spot any parts of the site that aren't working please let me know.

Thanks for your continuing support of the website and I hope we can expand it together, so as I said all ideas are very welcome.

Once more, many thanks to Mike for the last 2 years.

Paul
ampthilladmin
Site Admin

Postby sarek7 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:37 pm

ampthilladmin wrote:....
I'll also be looking to introduce some new features and hopefully generate some more members, so if you have any great ideas on how to do this then all are welcome. ....

How about a kids/youth section? I would be happier letting my daughter (10, going on 21) go on here rather than msn. I would imagine that local schools would support something like this for the same reason?
sarek7

Next

Return to Using this forum