Advertise on ATVAmpthill Print CentreHeathers Cleaning Services

Using this Forum

Advice on using this forum and the site.
A welcome to the members.

Using this Forum

Postby ampthilladmin » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:12 pm

The forum can be viewed by anyone. Click on topics and you will be able to read the posts.

If you want to post a reply to a topic or start a new topic you have to login. Before you can login you have to register. Firstly click on the link at the top of the page, then decide what username you want to be called and think of a password, lastly you will need a valid e-mail address. That's all - you only have to register once. If you forget your password you can click on a link and a replacement will be e-mailed to you.

Anytime you want to login, click on the link at the top of the page and fill in your username and password.

Please keep all posts reasonably polite - offensive, insulting, defamatory etc. Do not spam the forum - one post is sufficient. Posts will be removed.

Enjoy the forum - and don't forget if you want new categories added just e-mail info@ampthilltoday.org with your suggestions.

If you get stuck and want help using the forum drop me an e-mail

Enjoy the forum

Paul
ampthilladmin
Site Admin

Postby Firefly » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:35 pm

Thanks for adding the 'Around Ampthill' boards Paul!

Rachel
Firefly

Postby ampthilladmin » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:32 pm

As Rachel has spotted, I've added a category for the villages around Ampthill (plus Flitwick of course), so anyone living or interested in them can join in.

Also put a category on the Image Gallery for Around Ampthill - for pictures, images or cartoons relating to these areas.

By the way, if you've got a digital camera or phone camera, then give us a bit of content for the gallery - don't be shy, we need your photos. It's really easy to upload your pictures. And if you want your own area on the gallery, just email me or post it on the forum or use the Private Message facility.

If you have any other ideas to improve the forum (and I'm sure you have) just let me know.

:Be
ampthilladmin
Site Admin

Postby masquerade » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:45 pm

The Around Ampthill boards are a good idea - but why do you not have anywhere north of Ampthill?- ie Houghton Conquest and Stewartby?

Also thought you could try promoting it in the doctor's surgeries - ask them to put an ad up like the one in the library.
masquerade

Postby ampthilladmin » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:07 pm

Oops - good point - both villages are now online.

I like the idea about the doctors' surgeries - I'll try that

Thanks

Paul
ampthilladmin
Site Admin

Postby masquerade » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:10 pm

You could also go round Dentists, the Physiotherapy centre and Opticians - the latter could use it as an eye test!!! :lol:
masquerade

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:18 pm

I did wander around the surgery the other day, and the Houghton conquest new one - doesn't seem to have any info other than medical, so wasn't sure where they would put it.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby Forever » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:30 pm

you should just make up some laminated pages for example

you could put them up arround the waitrose site

What do you think of this development ?

voice you opnions on ampthill.org

or something allong those lines
Forever

Postby masquerade » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:28 pm

Suggested that already - I think the TC must have a laminating machine as most of the current signs seem to be like that :wink:
masquerade

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:09 am

Did you know there are 2 'buttons' just on top of the forum on the right hand side which can be very useful....I know that not everyone notices these things! :

View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts
CraftsbyCarolyn

Re: Using this Forum

Postby Sagitar » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:57 am

Is there a problem currently, or is it at my end.

Last night I found it impossible to get a response - the message in the lower left corner said "waiting for Ampthill.org" or some such and it just sat there for ages. I tried several times and re-started my machine to re-establish the connection but with no success. I was having no difficulty getting into other sites that I visit.

I got in without difficulty this morning.

I have had to log-in afresh on several occasions in the last few days. There has been an up-date of Firefox recently and I wondered whether that may be part of the problem, but my auto log-ins on other sites are OK.
Sagitar

Postby Paradise_Alley » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:03 pm

I had similar problems yesterday evening as well, though all seems ticketyboo today.
To jest pieprzone rondo!
Paradise_Alley

Postby CraftsbyCarolyn » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Glad to see it has been resolved if there was a problem - we have been away.
CraftsbyCarolyn

Postby masquerade » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:41 pm

A reminder to members:

"Please keep all posts reasonably polite - offensive, insulting, defamatory etc. posts will be removed!"

Thank you
masquerade

Return to Using this forum